www.tdcireland.com Forum Index
HomeRegister Forum About UsMembershipFixturesResultsUpcoming EventsPhotos Log in
Dashboard
Latest Posts
Past Events
Club_Championship
Videos
For Sale
Turbine
Private Messages
Search Forum
Your Profile
Child Safeguarding
FAQ

Recent Topics
» 2024 Latest Club Championship Standings
by Piers14 on Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:31 pm

» 13th Apr 2024: TDC Irish Classic Retrospective Trial
by lauraf on Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:43 am

» 24th Mar 2024: TDC Club Autotest Results
by Piers14 on Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:57 pm

» 24th Mar 2024: TDC Club Autotest
by Philip on Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:53 am

» Round 2 - National Autotest Championship - Sunday 10th March
by guyfo on Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:18 pm

» Connacht MVAT February 18th 2024
by Paddy_paddy on Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:27 pm

» 21st Jan 2024: TDC Dave Griffin Memorial MVAT Results
by Piers14 on Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:01 pm

» 21st Jan 2024: TDC Dave Griffin Memorial MVAT
by Philip on Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:29 pm

» 2024 TDC Club Championship Dates & Driver Classification
by Piers14 on Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:47 pm

» 2024 Production Car Regulations discussion
by garrett.kennedy on Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:03 am

User Block
Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

Who is Online

In total there are 126 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 126 Guests

Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 604 on Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:26 am

8th Nov 2015: Westmeath & District Autotest (H)

Reply to topic    www.tdcireland.com Forum Index » Autotesting Events View previous topic
View next topic
8th Nov 2015: Westmeath & District Autotest (H)
Piers14
TDC Committee Member

Post 8th Nov 2015: Westmeath & District Autotest (H) Reply with quote
Hi All,
The Westmeath and District are again hosting a round of the Hewison Trophy on Sunday the 8th November. I am currently awaiting the Regs to be approved and I will e-mail them to you all when I get them. This years event will be our clubs fourth Autotest, and will be a full Hewison Trophy meeting, in other words all competitors will be taking the same tests; but all competitors are eligible for championship points. With one day licenses available on the day and low entry cost for beginners and novices this is the lowest cost method to make an impact on to a nation championship league table..
There will be 4 tests done three times and will be set up with the help of a top Hewison Trophy driver with a strong focus in ensuring the course can be done with clubman style road cars. I have included a press release and a one page poster which explains the Hewison Trophy in detail. Please note I spent some time working on this poster myself and regulations being what they are I reserve the right to be corrected about the details in the poster. So if a competitor feels I'm mis-representing any aspect of the sport please drop me a line..
At the Westmeath and District we pride our selves in doing thing differently, and we are planning to have a Gourmet Burger van at the site, we'll have a simple program and with place as much importance on making it an enjoyable event as a competitive event. Please spread the word about this event and I look forward to hearing from you all.

Your in Motorsport
Mark McLachlan

Autotesting for Beginners

Autotest Poster

Regulations

Last edited by Piers14 on Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
Piers14
TDC Committee Member

Post Reply with quote
Another update from COC Mark McLachlan

Hi All,
Things are nearly all set for the Westmeath and District Motor Club's 8th of November Championship Autotest in Tullamore, Co. Offaly. We pride ourselves in being different from other car clubs and we believe in the making club motorsport as comfortable and enjoyable for competitors and their guests, so on the day we'll have Joe Brady and his Gourmet Burger van set up selling his quality burger, he doesn't do chips just very very good burgers on a hot plate and drinks.
This will be our fourth Autotest and my fourth as clerk of the course, this event began life as a non championship event in 2012 in Mullingar, now it is a round of the prestigious National Hewison Trophy Championship. This years venue like last year will be Axis Business Park Tullamore.
All competitors will be doing all 12 tests and they will be the same tests for everyone. I've always set fairly open tests which are easier followed than some Hewison events. Think tougher than a TDC Club Autotest but not as difficult as the majority of Hewison Trophy events. I've attached the Hewison Trophy tests I set from last year, I'm not into making the tests massively complicated; Please note the top Hewison Trophy lads were doing these tests last year very quickly last year so I'll be setting longer tests this year, but in the same vain.
There are 4 car classes, Fwd special, Rwd special/sports car, Mini saloons and and non Mini saloons, these are further broken down to Expert, Semi-Expert, Novice and Beginner so everyone should be able to compete at a fairly equal footing to some one else. The regulations of this Hewison Trophy event means you can't lose more than 20 seconds on each test over the best car in the same class on the same test.

Mark McLachlan
Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:15 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mahack

Post Reply with quote
TULLAMORE COURT HOTEL AUTOTEST
Round 7 of the 2015/2016 Hewison Trophy Championship
SUN 8th November 2015
Regulations:
This Autotest is to be held under the International Sporting Code of the FIA, the General Competition Rules of MI, Appendix 90 of the MI Yearbook, these Supplementary Regulations and other Final Instructions that may be issued. Permit no: 15/183
Officials:
Clerk of the Course: Mark McLachlan Event Secretary: Owen O’Reilly
MI Steward: Trevor Foster
Venue: AXIS Business Park, Clonminch, Tullamore, Co. Offaly.
By kind permission of the owners. (GPS: 53.289446,-7.514268).
Timetable:
Check In @10.00am, Drivers Briefing @10:45am and Tests Start @11:00am
Licence Requirements: All drivers must hold a valid competition licence, which must be available for inspection at the start. ONE EVENT LICENCES WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE START FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT HOLDERS OF A FULL ANNUAL COMPETITION LICENCE
Penalties: The time taken for each test will be the penalty for that test, with additional penalties as follows: each initial contact with a pylon: 5 seconds, each line fault: 5 seconds. The maximum loss (including failure) on any test will be the best correct performance in class plus 20 seconds. NOTE THAT ALL LINES DURING A TEST MUST BE CROSSED BY A CAR'S LEADING WHEELS ONLY - i.e., STOP ASTRIDE ALL
LINES. THERE IS A 5 SECOND PENALTY FOR PUTTING THREE OR FOUR WHEELS
ACROSS A LINE
Classes:
A All Mini saloons
B Front wheel drive Specials
C Rear wheel drive Sports Cars & Specials
D All saloons, other than Minis
More than one driver will be allowed per car. Ties will be decided by the better time on the first test. The organisers will be the sole judges of eligibility for each class.

Awards: Overall Winner. 1st, 2nd, 3rd in each of classes A-D, provided there are sufficient entries. 1st Novice in each of the classes A-D. Best Semi-Expert Overall, 2nd & 3rd Best Overall Novices without pervious awards and 1st, 2nd, 3rd Beginner Overall. No competitor may win more than one award. The organisers reserve the right to amalgamate classes if necessary. Further awards may be given at the organisers' discretion.
Entries: Each Driver must complete an entry form. Entries must be sent to the Event
Secretary by post to Owen O’Reilly, Mahonstown, Gaybrook, Mullingar, Co.Westmeath, email to secretary@westmeathmotorclub.ie ; Enquires to 0879843500 Entry fees: Experts and semi-experts €55 For beginners and novices, these fees will be €35 All fees include CPA insurance premium. In all cases, €2 reduction for drivers aged 16 or 17 because of reduced personal accident insurance premium
Telephone Queries: Mark McLachlan (087)0659368

Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
Piers14
TDC Committee Member

Post Reply with quote
Regulations added to the first post. Additional Class F added to cover the Birr competitors using this event as part of the championship and for others using road going cars.
Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:27 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    www.tdcireland.com Forum Index » Autotesting Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: