www.tdcireland.com Forum Index
HomeRegister Forum About UsMembershipFixturesResultsUpcoming EventsPhotos Log in
Dashboard
Latest Posts
Past Events
Club_Championship
Videos
For Sale
Turbine
Private Messages
Search Forum
Your Profile
Child Safeguarding
FAQ

Recent Topics
» For Sale Toyota MR2 2001 MVAT/ Targa spec car
by Peterf555 on Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:14 pm

» 2024 Latest Club Championship Standings
by Piers14 on Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:31 pm

» 13th Apr 2024: TDC Irish Classic Retrospective Trial
by lauraf on Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:43 am

» 24th Mar 2024: TDC Club Autotest Results
by Piers14 on Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:57 pm

» 24th Mar 2024: TDC Club Autotest
by Philip on Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:53 am

» Round 2 - National Autotest Championship - Sunday 10th March
by guyfo on Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:18 pm

» Connacht MVAT February 18th 2024
by Paddy_paddy on Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:27 pm

» 21st Jan 2024: TDC Dave Griffin Memorial MVAT Results
by Piers14 on Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:01 pm

» 21st Jan 2024: TDC Dave Griffin Memorial MVAT
by Philip on Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:29 pm

» 2024 TDC Club Championship Dates & Driver Classification
by Piers14 on Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:47 pm

User Block
Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

Who is Online

In total there are 143 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 143 Guests

Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 604 on Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:26 am

19th Feb 2011: ALMC Endurance Trial Results

Reply to topic    www.tdcireland.com Forum Index » Event Results View previous topic
View next topic
19th Feb 2011: ALMC Endurance Trial Results
Piers14
TDC Committee Member

Post 19th Feb 2011: ALMC Endurance Trial Results Reply with quote
ALMC Endurance Trial Overall Results Including penalties

Class Results

Detailed Overall Results

Last edited by Piers14 on Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
Motormouth

Post Reply with quote
Thanks Piers. Will individual selective times be available?
Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
Piers14
TDC Committee Member

Post Reply with quote
I assume they will be available in the next few days...
Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:04 pm View user's profile Send private message
Faulkt1a
TDC Committee Member

Post Re: 19th Feb 2011: ALMC Endurance Trial Results Reply with quote
Piers14 wrote:
ALMC Endurance Trial Overall Results Including penalties

Class Results

These look that they are done on the wrong basis. Overall time taken rather than excess over target.

I will be seriously interested in the makeup of the scores ; they dont tie in with my impressions of what the numbers should be like: and what else has been added on ?

Tim
Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:16 am View user's profile Send private message
Bozzy

Post Reply with quote
Yes you are right - results should be on time over min time set for each test. I do not think it would have changed the results though. We cleaned 2 - a test run twice - I think everywhere else were droppers for everybody.
Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:05 am View user's profile Send private message
EP91Navigator

Post Reply with quote
Am not in the TDC but competed on Saturday in the Enduro...am pleased I'm not the only one whos a bit confused by the scoring?

Penalties seem to be total time rather than time over target. I don't see anywhere that penalties are added for missing time controls (i.e. the regroup before Rathbeggan 2 and the after lunch/dinner restarts) - the car behind us went awol before Rathbeggan 2 and didnt reappear in order until after dinner (so missing 3 TCs) yet no penalties seem to have been awarded.

In terms of our car in MacHale 1 we totally missed the 2nd loop (driver error!) and so missed a code board, stop box, passage control - yet lookin at our score for that section I can't make out whether we accrued any major penalty in comparison to other crews.

The difference between absolute time and time over target would have made a fair difference to the results imo. I've no intention of making enquiries (it was just a days craic for us and a bloody good one at that) but it'd be interesting if it was cleared up.
Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:03 am View user's profile Send private message
Faulkt1a
TDC Committee Member

Post Reply with quote
EP91Navigator wrote:
Am not in the TDC but competed on Saturday in the Enduro...am pleased I'm not the only one whos a bit confused by the scoring?

Penalties seem to be total time rather than time over target. I don't see anywhere that penalties are added for missing time controls (i.e. the regroup before Rathbeggan 2 and the after lunch/dinner restarts) - the car behind us went awol before Rathbeggan 2 and didnt reappear in order until after dinner (so missing 3 TCs) yet no penalties seem to have been awarded.

In terms of our car in MacHale 1 we totally missed the 2nd loop (driver error!) and so missed a code board, stop box, passage control - yet lookin at our score for that section I can't make out whether we accrued any major penalty in comparison to other crews.

The difference between absolute time and time over target would have made a fair difference to the results imo. I've no intention of making enquiries (it was just a days craic for us and a bloody good one at that) but it'd be interesting if it was cleared up.

The results ' saga' took a liitle bit of the gloss from the experience. They contain curiousities, certainly !

Slane was worth the entry fee, alone. Luttrellstown got more enjoyable each run. Murphy's and Gormanstown were great craic. Cant tell about the evening race courses teste : the fog spoilt those. Any other test was at least good but you need a million BHP to get up the hill in Bellewstown ! Takes a while, especially if the preceding car hangs a right to ' recover' a code. Big thanks to Dr Frank for that bit.
P.S. Can we please ! ! please ! ! do Slane twice , next time ?

A huge ! Very Happy Very Happy big thanks to the marshalls ! ! Were'nt they brilliant : and from all over. Superb; ladies and gents ! ! !

A few glitches, as mentioned above. And the route book in kilo's for an event sold as bring what you've got. Spent my road time converting to miles for the car speedo.

One can say no more than the driver has me reserved for IMRC in August/September. Two very satisfied customers

Tim & p.p Stefan
Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:43 pm View user's profile Send private message
EP91Navigator

Post Reply with quote
Faulkt1a wrote:
Slane was worth the entry fee, alone. Luttrellstown got more enjoyable each run. Murphy's and Gormanstown were great craic.

Couldn't agree more. More Slane next year!

Gormanstown was our personal favourite, stuffed the codeboard 1st time round (my fault) so just bucked her sideways flat out through those hairpin 180s for all she was worth. I'd say the sound of us bouncing off the red line in 1st with no back box (thanks to Luttrellstown Mad ) with me yehooing in the passenger seat would have been a sight / sound to behold...certainly the watching soldiers seemed to be taking a bit of craic from it. I'd like a loose surfaced parade ground for Christmas next year Santy...

Is there some debate on the results elsewhere? We had to leave the golf club on the night to get up the road, we hung on as long as we could (about 12.30).
Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:58 pm View user's profile Send private message
earney

Post Reply with quote
[quote="Faulkt1a"]
EP91Navigator wrote:

Slane was worth the entry fee, alone.

just out of curiousity how much was the entry? just to see if i can afford to be coming down from the north to do some of these events
Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:04 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Faulkt1a
TDC Committee Member

Post Reply with quote
The 'saga' I refer to is the timeline. I first found out results on Monday AM; without details. The were at variance with my impression of what had happened.

I left at 10 to 1 Saturday night; and eventually found out on Tuesday that results and awards were finished on Staurday night !

I felt the core of the event was superb ; the fringes were rather frayed !

For info ; the entry was € 175.00 , and the route was worth every cent.

Multi-venue autotests and similar tend to run €70 to €100 , with the more expensive summer one's involving road mileage between tests; and a sizable donation to charity ( helps secure the venues ; so good value all round )

Tim
Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    www.tdcireland.com Forum Index » Event Results All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: