www.tdcireland.com Forum Index
HomeRegister Forum About UsMembershipFixturesResultsUpcoming EventsPhotos Log in
Dashboard
Latest Posts
Past Events
Club_Championship
Videos
For Sale
Turbine
Private Messages
Search Forum
Your Profile
Child Safeguarding
FAQ

Recent Topics
» 2024 Latest Club Championship Standings
by Piers14 on Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:31 pm

» 13th Apr 2024: TDC Irish Classic Retrospective Trial
by lauraf on Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:43 am

» 24th Mar 2024: TDC Club Autotest Results
by Piers14 on Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:57 pm

» 24th Mar 2024: TDC Club Autotest
by Philip on Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:53 am

» Round 2 - National Autotest Championship - Sunday 10th March
by guyfo on Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:18 pm

» Connacht MVAT February 18th 2024
by Paddy_paddy on Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:27 pm

» 21st Jan 2024: TDC Dave Griffin Memorial MVAT Results
by Piers14 on Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:01 pm

» 21st Jan 2024: TDC Dave Griffin Memorial MVAT
by Philip on Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:29 pm

» 2024 TDC Club Championship Dates & Driver Classification
by Piers14 on Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:47 pm

» 2024 Production Car Regulations discussion
by garrett.kennedy on Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:03 am

User Block
Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

Who is Online

In total there are 152 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 152 Guests

Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 604 on Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:26 am

9th April 2011: TDC Trial
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    www.tdcireland.com Forum Index » Classic Retro Events View previous topic
View next topic
9th April 2011: TDC Trial
Mark Doran

Post Reply with quote
DangerDoran wrote:
Its not mentioned in the regs, but just to note that only road legal tyres allowed for this event, no tyres marked "for rally use" or "for competition use" may be used. You will not pass scrutiny.

I have received a few questions with regards to this. The reason for this ruling is to preserve to landowners property, i.e. gravel lanes etc. This rule only applies to the driven wheels. Im not sure if this is clear in the regs. In the case of RWD the front wheels are free, and for FWD the rear wheels are free. Hope this clears up any worries.

Mark
Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:25 pm View user's profile Send private message
Piers14
TDC Committee Member

Post Reply with quote
Route Outline Summary updated on previous page.
Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
Piers14
TDC Committee Member

Post Reply with quote
Route Summary updated again and Final Instructions 2
Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:54 am View user's profile Send private message
Peespeed
TDC Committee Member

Post Reply with quote
Well done to Mark, Owen, Frank and all the rest of the organising crew for a great event today. Well done to all the award winners and to Kevin and The Vin for loosing the least amount of marks during the day.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:56 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Piers14
TDC Committee Member

Post Reply with quote
Fantasic event.. Glad I got to do it in the end.. Those tests were great, especially those in Castle Howard.. Many thanks to Tim for sitting in with me at the last minute... Too many code boards though, the Nav's may like them but I though they were a pain..

Get those photos up Peter!
Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:31 pm View user's profile Send private message
Peespeed
TDC Committee Member

Post Reply with quote
gonna be Monday before they are up Piers, off to bed now, Lismore in Waterford tomorrow for a rally so another early start

Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:34 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Faulkt1a
TDC Committee Member

Post Reply with quote
Peespeed wrote:
gonna be Monday before they are up Piers, off to bed now, Lismore in Waterford tomorrow for a rally so another early start

Big thanks to Mark, Owen, FF, Felix and all the crew for a terrific event. To all the marshalls who stood out ; the landowners and venues. Mighty crack !

Still have'nt got the knack with the regularity intermediates : keep forgetting to note the exact distance at the flag; not the time ! You get that anyway.

Frank Lenehan would'nt give me a written start time a minute after we actually started ; or tell me the code on the code board. Then again : I woulkdnt for anybody either !

Big thanks also to Piers : it was good to sit in with him; and in a car with a Brantz. The tests and selectives were fun , especially the long Castle Howard . Got a little bit "intense" in there at one stage ; with the road, not the crew !

Pity there's no Cork event ; another one would be nice !

To those who do multi-venues and the Endurance : its the same only more so. A bit extra to the navigation and thats it. But mighty fun. Dont miss the next one.

And Peter : Please : - a lunch hour is only 60 minutes ! To view the numerous pictures you undoubtedly have !

Tim
Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:05 pm View user's profile Send private message
rallyxdamo

Post Reply with quote
Thank's to all involved yesterday. It was a great days fun. Well done to all the prize winners. Damien
Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:37 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
geordie exile

Post Reply with quote
Arrow Question Rolling Eyes

great days sport, many thanks to all the hard work that went into the organising and planning, great marshals, and a happy band of competitors ( nice change from some of the national rally bunch )
and a massive thanks to noel devlin to allow me to sample the power of the non handbrake version of the toyota starlet Laughing , great day !!!!!
what was that about women drivers Embarassed Embarassed

Don car 28
Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:05 pm View user's profile Send private message
Philip
TDC Committee Member

Post Reply with quote
Fantastic day yesterday, I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish. Many thanks to FF, Eamonn King, Mark Doran, Owen Whelan, Felix, all the marshals, TDC'ers and my driver Richard Meeke for a superb drive. Congrats also to all prizewinners, especially The Vin for a long-time-coming speech!
Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:18 pm View user's profile Send private message
Peespeed
TDC Committee Member

Post Reply with quote
Faulkt1a wrote:
Peespeed wrote:

Big thanks to Mark, Owen, FF, Felix and all the crew for a terrific event. To all the marshalls who stood out ; the landowners and venues. Mighty crack !

Still have'nt got the knack with the regularity intermediates : keep forgetting to note the exact distance at the flag; not the time ! You get that anyway.

Frank Lenehan would'nt give me a written start time a minute after we actually started ; or tell me the code on the code board. Then again : I woulkdnt for anybody either !

Big thanks also to Piers : it was good to sit in with him; and in a car with a Brantz. The tests and selectives were fun , especially the long Castle Howard . Got a little bit "intense" in there at one stage ; with the road, not the crew !

Pity there's no Cork event ; another one would be nice !

To those who do multi-venues and the Endurance : its the same only more so. A bit extra to the navigation and thats it. But mighty fun. Dont miss the next one.

And Peter : Please : - a lunch hour is only 60 minutes ! To view the numerous pictures you undoubtedly have !

Tim

Pace yourself Tim and look at a few pages per day, will pass the time during lunch for a few days then Laughing Laughing

Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:00 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Patricia

Post Reply with quote
Well done to all involved in running this event.Congrats to the winners,we had fantastic fun and a very enjoyable day. Everyone seemed to be smiling and its good to see new crews out having a go at these type of events. Many thanks to all the land owners and marshals who made it all happen.

Women drivers..... no comment LOL,it will polish out and many thanks to Owen Murray & John Devine for towing us out!
Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
hungryauld

Post Reply with quote
Id like to add my thanks to every one who helped make Saturday such fun! In particular Steve Griffin for putting up with me and Patricia for pairing us up!
I liked the jogularity type of regularity as I hate the hard work of speed tables (can’t count). javascript:emoticon('Embarassed')
Super event, can’t wait for the next one! javascript:emoticon('Very Happy')
Looking forward to seeing Peter’s photos
Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:13 am View user's profile Send private message
geordie exile

Post Reply with quote
Patricia wrote:

Women drivers..... no comment LOL,

Hi Patricia,

I see James Mansfield has a good shot of you on his site !!!!...no.. , the one with the fence Embarassed Laughing Laughing

http://www.jamesmansfield.net/
Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:26 am View user's profile Send private message
davemac

Post Reply with quote
Thanks to everyone who helped put on saturdays event. I'm sure they would rather have been doing something else on such a nice day and their help is much appreciated.
Brilliantly organised (as always by TDC) and thanks to the landowners for the great venues.
Looking forward to Peters photos too, You never knew where He would appear next !
Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:46 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    www.tdcireland.com Forum Index » Classic Retro Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: